There are a lot of things about being a mom and housewife that I am so not any good at, laundry is one of them. It is the thorn in my side, the cross I have to bear, the kryptonite to my superman powers... Okay, maybe I'm blowing it a bit out of proportion, but its hard. Its always there. I spend entire Saturdays doing it just to wake up Sunday morning to a new pile. Seriously what could be more uninviting then five peoples dirty underwear (ok four peoples undies... my youngest still blesses me with five or six dirty diapers a day) waiting in a
huge pile outside the laundry room taunting me... I mean I should have known something was up when the house we bought came with a whole room dedicated to laundry. I'm
in my mid-twenties a grown woman and I still enjoy my mother coming to visit just so she can catch the stupid laundry up. Which is great until two days after she's gone and we're right back to where we started. I did learn a valuable lesson recently... If you dont want your mother in law to know what kinda underwear you wear, dont ask her to do your laundry!!!
So here I am writing a post about doing laundry instead of actually going upstairs and doing laundry. That would be much to productive for me. I would much rather sit and ask the question of why laundry has to be d0ne, then to bite the bullet and actually get it done. Oh and here is another question for you. Why do we hate to put laundry away so bad??? I mean once I get started it really only takes me a couple of minutes. But its like pulling (my own hair) to get my lazy butt up and start putting the stuff away. I would rather look at it in the basket and get stuff out of the basket then to take the five (oh my word FIVE) minutes it would take me to put it in the drawers...Whats up with that? I cant be the only one that feels this way. Oh well I guess I have drug out this topic for all its worth and now I have no choice but to go up there and tackle the pile that I know will return tomorrow.... Being a housewife is hard!
3 comments:
I hear ya girlfriend! I am known to use our spare bedroom as a walk-in closet just because I don't like putting laundry away. I turn into a crazy lady whenever we have house guests coming because I have to put the PILES of laundry away that are covering the spare bed. Sometimes I wish I could just make people sleep on the floor to make it easier for me!
Hey... I'm trying to copy your button to paste on my page, and I can't get it. And, YES YOU BETTER COME VISIT the next time you are up this way. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get together!
My arch nemesis is doing the dishes. I can't stand it and whenever Christopher is away I seriously consider using paper plates. Either that or I'd rather not eat. He does the dishes every night (God bless him) while I give CJ a bath. Next time we live on the same coast, you can do my dishes and I will happily do your laundry! :)
Post a Comment