Thursday, April 2, 2009

Update: George is still alive!

Some how last night in all the madness that was getting the kids to bed, George ended up going to bed in his underware. I'm not really sure how it happened since he isnt one to let you over look things like putting on a pull-up. I mean its just one more step that keeps us from getting to bed, so of course it cant be forgotten! But last night (of all nights) he did and guess what! He was totally dry this morning! Got right out of bed and went straight to the bathroom. I asked him if his pull-up was dry this morning and he told me no. I was already with my "WE DONT POTTY IN OUR PANTS!" speech when he interuped me to by saying "I slept in underware last night mommy of course I'm dry."
I was dumbfounded. To be completely honest I didnt beleive him and walked over the check that he had indeed slept in underware. And he had!!!
I know that everyone has an opinion about spanking and I dont think it is the answer to everything, but every once in a while ITS WHAT WORKS. Or at least I hope so. Who knows I could be writing again tomorrow to say its all started all over again. But as of 4pm today we have had no accidents and I havent had to tell him to go potty once. Its been a much better day!

2 comments:

Mommy said...

Glad he had a good night and day! I agree that sometimes spankings work. It's not like I'm advocating child abuse, but a swat on the bum now and then is sometimes necessary. Congrats to George for staying dry and being a big boy!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for a dry morning!!! Happy Easter guys!!! :)

background