Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Milk... a random thought

Today I want to talk about milk.... I know this is a totally random post, but milk seems to be one of our major issues still to this day. Some of you may know this already, but our youngest, Laney, will be 3 years old in February and she is still on Allimentum. Milk has always been a thorn in our side with Laney. She cant have cows milk, soy milk, rice milk or any other kind of formula. She gets crazy sick and has numerous nasty diapers all day long. Which as a Mom (or dad) you will know always leads to horrible bouts of diaper rash. That's right I am willing to admit that we havent even started the potty training process with Laney, but thats a whole nother post.
On top of not being able to drink the stuff, she wont even try most stuff. She loves her stinky, nasty, way to expensive formula and has for the past 2.5 years. But today we are trying something different (again)... I found hemp milk at the store and its even vanilla flavored. I figured now was the best time to try it, since we have a full stock of formula and the rule of thumb of course is when you dont need it to work, it will. But back to what I was going to say in the first place (stupid ADD)... There are so many milks out there!!!! None of which sound very good to me, but somebody loves them because they're out there. I mean really.... who knew you could milk an almond? And is it just me or does giving Laney "Hemp" milk sound a tiny bit illegal to you? So for now... if you talk to me, dont even bother to ask if shes potty trained lol we cant even get her off formula.

1 comment:

Mommy said...

Oh please, you are not a bad mom for not starting potty training yet. Sometimes I feel like a bad mom because I wonder if we started trying to potty train CJ too early? (He's doing ok with it.) Anyway, I really do feel for you and Laney not trying anything. CJ is the same way. Won't touch most foods other kids his age inhale! We do what we can and keep on keeping on. Hang in there! Love ya!

background