Well its final, we are actually living in a house in the little town of Glen Rose, TX. And by we I mean the kids and I, Ben is still living up in WA finishing up his tour in the Navy. We have (officially) 33 days to go until we tell active duty
to kiss our good-bye. Ben will continue his military service in the Naval Reserves, which we have heard is quite the cake walk compared to active duty. No more sea tours, no more duty (which we havent done in a while) and no more underways! These are exciting things to even think about...
We have found our dream home and cant wait to move into it.

Actually we can wait and we will be until December 4th, as this is our closing date. I know what your thinking. Dec 4th!!! But thats so far away... As most of you know we rented out our house in Bremerton. Well it turns out that our renters love our house so much they want to buy it. Thats right, we are currently under contract with them to close on the house on the 15th of October. We are very excited about this and it really feels like a blessing. Then we will be waiting for Ben to leave the Navy on the 30th of October and then start the drive down here. He will be starting his new job on the 9th of November. And since the new job will be giving us such a generous signing bonus we have decided to wait till we get that to use as a down payment on the home
we plan to live in for longer then two years our kids will grow up in.
Until then we will be living here...

101 Hunter Dr... Our cute little 1300 sq ft home for then next two months. I only mention the size of our "cute" little home because as of friday we will be trying to squeeze 2600 sq ft of stuff into it. Part of me has no idea where we are going to put everything and never wants it to arrive. Then the other part of me just wants to wake up every morning look around and see my stuff again, it feels like its been gone forever. Thankfully Ben will be here to help me out (theres a navy first I'm sure some of my navy wife friends will be jealous of) and we are hoping that everything we dont need will fit into the garage.
Its only three bedrooms, so we are trying to introduce the shared room concept to them. I havent decided yet who it will be that shares a room. I tried Carolina and Laney first (sisters sleeping together of course) and that didnt work out well. It actually ended with Carolina crying begging for me to take her out. Soooo then we tried Laney and George and that actually went a bit better. And since somebody will be sharing their room when we more into the new house, now seems like the best time to figure out who the better roommates are.
So as of right now we are living with two air mattresses, a futon, a folding card table and $11.80 worth of thrift store household goods. Wish us luck, pray for us and keep us in your thoughts...
2 comments:
Congrats on the move back home girl!! HOw far are you from family??? And what will Ben be doing?!?! I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to hear all about this new adventure!! :)
OMGosh, I love the house you are going to move into in Dec!!!!
I am so happy you get to say god-bye to the Navy, you deserve it! Praying for you all & your new journey w/ out the Navy, I hope we (the Navy) hold a special place in your heart forever!
Post a Comment