Wednesday, May 13, 2009

We Heart Art...

My friend Sara over at Domestically Challenged is hosting a blog carnival with two other blogs on her site 3baybchicks and I'm living proof God has a sense of humor. All three are really fun sites that I spend time on all the time. This carnival is called We Heart Art and its all about promoting art and creativity in ours and our children's lives. I wish I could say that we do arts and craft projects all the time around here, but truth be told, even the thought of the mess makes me do stuff like this: I mean it really stresses me out. Can you say, vinyl table cloth-personalized brown paper bag placemats-indivitual egg cups and huge old white t-shirts. As you might have noticed only one of my three children is still in the picture. My other two had already decided that it wasnt worth the effort to try to stay so "clean". So we pay big bucks every month for our older two to go to preschool three times a week and for Carolina to go to an art class once a week. Carolina is really our little artist. She loves anything having to do with creating. Some of the things she comes up with are so amazing. These are just some of my favorites from her class: I have never considered myself an artist and over the past month I have had to take a drawing class for college. While I cant say that I "found my passion" or even really enjoyed everything about the course, I can say that there is something very theraputic about drawing. Especially when you learn some of the techniques and can actually produce something that looks like what you thought it would in the end. I have posted about it throughtout the whole course here on my blog. You can find my first drawings here and here is one of my last drawings and the photo I drew it from. I couldnt quite get Carolina right in the drawing and after a few hours spent on it I stopped. The best part about taking this course has been gaining a real understanding of something that both Carolina and Ben love. Do I think this is something that I will continue to do on a regular basis? No, but I can now look at a picture that my beautiful creative daughter has created and truly appreciate all the hard work that went into it. And that is worth all the hard work that I had to put in over the past six weeks!

5 comments:

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

All I can say is WOW! For you and Carolina both. That is some pretty impressive stuff. WOW!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

What an adorable daughter! I love the pic of her and hubs!
Carolina has an amazing eye for a young girl. I like her use of space and composition! Me? Never.
Coloring eggs is SUPPOSED to be messy, silly!! You should see our pics!

Helene said...

Your daughter creates the most amazing art! She is very talented!!!

I totally understand the whole mess with dyeing Easter eggs!! This year we did it outside on the grass...it was so much less stressful for me that way!!

Your drawing is beautiful...I wish I could draw like that!

So glad you participated in the carnival!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

You are both great artists!

Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

I'm really impressed by Carolina's art work! She is really good.

background